Congratulations on a successful project.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S, s/n 10163

On 2/9/2016 1:40 PM, Jim Sheldon wrote:
K3S Kit build Serial# 10641 arrived Monday about 9:00 a.m. Started the build around 10:30 and continued through yesterday with a few breaks. The build was complete except for the P/A and Sub Receiver at about 9:45 last night. I completed the 5 watt power calibration, REF CAL and receiver RF Gain calibrations and shut down for the night. Installed the P/A module this morning and ran the 50 watt TX Gain cal. All passed with no issues. I still have the Sub Receiver to go, but my roofing filter set won't be complete until the pair of 6.0 KHz filters arrives tomorrow from Elecraft so I'm holding off on the Sub so I won't have to remove it to install the 6.0 KHz filter on the main board.

This was an easy (though intricate) build and even with my somewhat impaired vision, I had no problems with it other than a minor glitch in configuring the filters to leave the FL1 slot open temporarily. My suggestion to anyone else needing to leave FL1 open (for later install of a wider filter and not have to move everything around), use the K3/K3S utility's Filter Configuration app to do this. If you try from the front panel first and not through the computer utility, it may or may not work right.

After a couple of tries with the MENU and then back to the Utility, everything finally set up properly. Now when the filters get here, I'll be able to install the Sub RX and change out the older K3 for the K3S.

Jim - W0EB

---

Message delivered to rmcg...@blomand.net