From: Elecraft <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on behalf of Ed Muns
<e...@w0yk.com>
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 2:36 PM
To: 'N2TK, Tony'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 KIO3B - FSK - stereo

Yes, your MMTTY channel settings are fine.  The USB Audio CODEC is stereo.

Not sure what you mean by the 4th paragraph below about the Microphone.  If
you're talking about the Level adjustments in the Properties window for the
K3 USB Audio CODEC in the Windows Recording applet, the control is a single
slide that adjusts both channels together.  There is no Balance control or
independent level controls for each channel.  But, I don't understand what
you mean about the second receiver having no impact.  It's audio stream will
be decoded in the MMTTY window where you've seledted the right channel.

The Device Identifiers in MMTTY are just referring to the position of the
soundcard device in the list on the Soundcard tab of the MMTTY Options
windows.

Ed W0YK

Tony N2TK wrote:

Presently I use an external audio board for FSK. I run two versions of MMTTY
- one for the main receiver and one for the second receiver.

In MMTTY > Misc tab > Source for the main receiver I select Left and in the
second MMTTY I select Right.

Trying to setup the CODEC on the KIO3B. Is it stereo that it will allow me
to do what I am presently doing for two channels?

When I select Microphone (4-USB Audio CODEC) for both MMTTY's, I get the
same signal on both MMTTY's. The second receiver has no impact.

Also with my external audio board the MMTTY setups show under MISC that the
Device Identifiers for RX are 3. For the CODEC it changes to 0.

I did not get as far as transmitting yet using the Codec.

Any comments, please?

Message delivered to fc...@montana.edu