Here's something that may be of interest to solder-minded K2 owners pondering
filtering options.  I've built and installed a KAF2  kit with several component
changes to make it a little wider in bandwidth, so as to be more useful in
general CW operating, scanning the bands and contests rather than being focused
on pulling the weakest signals out of noise and QRM.  It also retains the full
bandwidth of the OP1 filter when off (but still switched in) and so does not
impair wideband digital mode operation, as I believe the stock KAF2 will, to a
degree.  Component changes and some test data are shown at
http://www.qsl.net/ve3sma/ModifiedKAF2.pdf .
73,Steve VE3SMA