Morse Express sells kits with an SO-239 sized mounting plate, hardware and
a female BNC connector to do just what you're proposing.  It's a trivial
matter to unsolder the short jumper wire with the pin from the SO-239 and
move it to the BNC.

All the antenna connectors on my K3 and
wattmeter ... even my Bird ... are BNC's.

73

K0PP