My KPA500 [#934] has developed a fault in Receive mode.   The strength of the
signal received by the K3 driving the amplifier reduces significantly when the
KPA500 is switched from Standby to Operate using the front panel pushbutton.
The S meter displays a 3 to 5  ‘S’ point reduction in signal strength on all
bands when this happens.   The amplifier appears to operate correctly in all
other respects and will deliver 500W to my KAT500.    No fault is indicated on
the amplifier front panel.

Is this a known problem, eg a faulty TR Switch?

73 Mike G0EFO

Sent from Mail for Windows 10