I’m using a mixing board for my setup as well.  I used a SoundCraft EPM-8
(EPM-6) will also work.  The 8 says 8 channels, but it’s really 12.  8 mono and
2 stereo.  Right now I only have  KX3, a nice used K3 is in the very near
future and is why I set this up.

Channel 1: Microphone
Channel 2: Output from USB sound card
Channel 7: Receive main from KX3
Channel 8: Receive sub from KX3

Aux 1:  Mic input to KX3
Monitor Left: Left speaker
Monitor Right: Right speaker
Master Mix Left: RX Main for USB sound card
Master Mix Right: RX Sub for USB sound card

The K3s will plug in as follows:

Channel 5: Receive main from K3s
Channel 6: Receive sub from K3s
Aux2: Mic input to KX3.

I can mute individual channels, adjust volume and EQ for each.

I can dial down the monitors so I’m not hearing the speakers if I want to be
silent during digital modes.  Also using the faders on channel 1 and 2, I can
mix it into the monitors during transmit so I can hear myself.

I will have make a box to switch the PTT, keyer to the proper radio.  Not a big
deal.

The other cool thing is I can adjust what I hear in each ear of the headphones
when running Dual watch on the KX3.  Plus I can swap the ears with a turn of
the knob so the watch matches what I see on the PX3 (e.g. which ever frequency
is lower goes to the left ear, the higher frequency goes to the right).  That
way ears match the visual.

Most of this setup came from W3YY (http://w3yy.com/audio_control_system.htm).
He has it setup with isolators and level shifters since pro equipment runs at
higher levels than consumer.  I also used the isolators and line level
shifters.  Works well.

I’m planing on setting the headphone output of the computer into one of the
stereo channels.  That way I can use the same speakers for music when I’m not
on the radio.

73,
Joe - KO8V