In Dayton - 7 or 8 years ago, Elecraft was quietly showing what I recall was a
1.5kw solid state amp - perhaps as much as 2kw?  Anyway they were running it
key down into a dummy load at the FDIM hotel (I think it dimmed the lights on
the floor).  While it did not look like a prototype, it evidently was a “proof
of concept”.  I thought they were seeking FCC approval at the time… but nothing
seen since then.

73,
Steve
aa8af