Can this thread please go back to CQ-Contest where it (unfortunately) belongs?

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at
<http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

On 2/22/2016 1:02 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
On Sun,2/21/2016 9:00 PM, Chester Alderman wrote:
  I did go into my log and converted the 'NN' to 99;

Back when I was learning CW and ham radio, I was taught to copy what is sent. I still do that, and that's what goes in my log. If he sends ATT, I log ATT. If he sends 1K, or 1KW, that's what i log. If he sends NN, I log NN. When I'm copying JAs, I make allowances for language when he sends 1oo and log 100. Several years ago, a lot of JAs were getting really strange with cut numbers for power, and I refused the Q if they wouldn't send me real numbers. Thankfully they have gotten the word.

Cut numbers are for lids. I put up with ENN for 599, because the report is an anachronistic placeholder. But the structure of Morse numbers provides some redundancy (in the form of spacing) to reduce errors, and I refuse to give up that redundancy. I'm the one who gets dinged if I copy his exchange wrong.

73, Jim K9YC

Message delivered to n...@contesting.com