John,

Forge onward!  If I understand correctly, you are correct in all ways
including 'technically' - 'Greater than' means 'greater than' in most any
way that you can say it, and infinity (or open circuit) is greater than 1M
or 50K (whichever may be listed).  The actual value may depend on how your
particular meter reads very high resistances, and the chart is designed to
accomodate most all of the various meters, so any exact number would likely
find exceptions.  Again, '>' means 'greater than', so if that is consistent
with your measurements, all is good - proceed onward.

73,
Don W3FPR