Hi All,

Just a quick question(s)..

I've just finished my K2 and have a few of the options on order, including
the internal battery kit. I was reading the on-line manual and noticed the
info about supply voltage required to charge the battery. This states 14.0
+/- 0.2v at the jack, or 13.7 on the internal voltmeter.

I have a small switch-mode supply I use with the radio which according to my
DMM is giving 13.9v on the jack, but the internal voltmeter is reading only
13.3v. I have 2 cheap DMM's and they are both giving 13.9v on the jack, so
I'm hoping these are a little closer to the truth than the internal
voltmeter.

How critical is the 14v, and would it be too much of a problem if the supply
was actually running at 13.4 - 13.5v from the point of view of charging the
battery ??

On a different subject all together, I've also ordered the SSB module, and
was thinking of using an MFJ headset I've had sitting about for ages (model
MFJ-393). I just wondered whether anyone had tried one of these, and had any
thoughts (apart from the usual comments about MFJ !!). I'd planned to wire
the mic socket up with the 5.6k resistor supplied with SSB kit as the mic
element requires 1-9v. If this fails I have a MH-31 from my FT1000..

Cheers

David, Vk2NU