Terry
My advice is that you try several of the free logging programs for some time
and then decide which one you like the best. You can see from the answers that
not one logging program fits all. It very much is a matter of taste. It should
be very easy to move your log from any one logging system to another, so you
dont have to worry about missing logged QSOs. I have used the free version HRD
for many years and it fits my needs. I use another logging system (Ham
Quicklog) on this iPAD (when operating RC from the iPAD) and from time to time
I "synchronize"  the HRD and Ham Quicklog logs. Takes a few minutes but no
sweat.

Sent from my iPad
Paul, OZ4UN