Michael,

One possibility is a bad relay or a relay mounted backwards or a relay with a poorly soldered connection. You cannot reliably check the inductor relays without removing one lead of the inductors. Do that first. Then in menu ATU CLP you should have continuity through all the inductor relays.

L0 is the state where no inductors are selected, similarly, C0 is the state where no capacitors are selected.

I can draw no conclusions from the relative power output between 40 and 20 meters. You will have to lift one lead of all the inductors and see if there is end to end (input to output) conductivity. You should be able to do that with a DC ohmmeter. If you do not have end to end continuity, you can check each of the relays that short out the inductors to see which is the problematic one.

73,
Don W3FPR