Another option would be to fabricate a small “dongle” that has 3-conductor mini
jacks (3.5mm) on the ends, using a very small project box or even a mini
Altoids tin.  Mount on the side of the box  any of the literally hundreds of
momentary push button switches on the market (allelectronics.com currently
lists 45 of various size, shapes and colors).  Wire the mike leads straight
through from one jack to the other, and route the switch lead through the PTT
switch. Plug the Yamana headset into one side of the dongle; use a "stereo
extension” cable to connect the other side of the dongle to your rig. Put a
strip of “hook” Velcro on the bottom of the dongle and a strip of “loop” Velcro
on a convenient spot on the arm or table of your wheelchair. With this setup,
you could move your wheelchair quite a distance from the rig, if desired.
Simply remove the dongle from your wheel chair when not operating. If you don’t
want to attach Velcro to your wheelchair, you might glue a small magnet to the
project box. Or mount the “dongle” on the desk surface of your station.

Hmmm, I like this idea enough to try it myself, even though I’m not in a wheel
chair. I have everything I need in the junk box.

73

Lew N6LEW

> On Mar 2, 2016, at 12:16 PM, Steven Stuckey <ac9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Please read carefully. I am wanting to get a Yamaha CM500 and add a PTT
> switch. Do not recommend a foot switch I am wheelchair bound and have no
> way of using my feet. I am looking for a button PTT switch and not a
> trigger switch. When I searched the internet the one I saw was "no longer
> in production for new orders" due to health issues. I may consider building
> my own. The Yamaha CM500 and PTT switch will be used with my K3S. I can not
> use VOX due to the noise level in my shack (kids, grandchild, wife and
> dog). If you would like email me the link directly. Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> ​73​
>
> Steven Stuckey - AC9GK - Indiana

> Message delivered to l...@n6lew.us

Lew Phelps N6LEW
Pasadena, CA DM04wd
Elecraft K3-10 / KXV144 / XV432
Yaesu FT-7800
l...@n6lew.us
www.n6lew.us

Generalized Law of Entropy: Sooner or later, everything that has been put
together will fall apart.