First off, this is NOT a complaint, merely an observation. and in my opinion, worthy of note for the programmers to check out. I didn't think this was supposed to work but it seems to work quite well, at least in my case.

I am using serial RS-232 with the following cabling - Desktop COM-1 to P3, P3 to K3S using the DE-9 to RJ-45 adapter (not the two headed cable between the P3 and K3S) from my desktop computer. I am also running the USB port cable to a Raspberry Pi model 2, single board Linux computer with the K3S configured as the USB Audio Codecs AND serial comms using /devttyUSB0 for rig control with VOX for PTT, in FLDIGI on the Raspberry Pi. All serial speeds are set to 38.4K baud.

The P3 still indicates the K3S frequency as I tune (slight delay), FLDIGI on the Pi 2 indicates the K3S frequency as I tune. TX/RX audio from and to FLDIGI on the Pi 2 work properly, and I am able to make contacts with no problem as well. I can also tune the K3S using FLDIGI's frequency control. I am using N3FJP's AC Log program on the big desktop computer for logging and it also displays the proper band/mode from the K3S. It also follows frequency changes made by the FLDIGI program on the Pi 2. I did not attempt to configure DTR or RTS for push to talk as VOX works so well.

It was my original understanding that you couldn't do this (RS-232 using the RJ-45 jack AND the USB port simultaneously). I DO have the K3S RS-232 configured to USB in the menu. The difference may be due to the fact that I'm using two separate computers here with both talking/listening to the K3S.

I'm running FW version UC 5.46, DSP 1 and 2 version 2.86, FL version 1.25 on the K3S and MCU 1.57, SVGA 1.31 and the FPGA's 1.04 in the P3.

DISCLAIMER: If anyone else tries this, make sure to SAVE YOUR CONFIGURATION prior to making any changes so you won't forget what they were before and if something messes up you can re-load the previous version.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB

---