I think you have to have the KAT3 tuner physically installed in the radio to be able to select ANT 2 on the radio or in the utility.

73,
Scott N9AA

On 3/6/16 8:08 AM, Ed G wrote:
Hello,
      I am trying to understand the operation of the KAT500 utility.  Not
sure if my problem is pilot error or maybe a problem within the tuner
itself.  I have the latest firmware installed.
      I am unable to manually select the antenna using the utility. I cannot
physically check the tuner as it is in a remote location. Each time I select
an antenna other than ANT1 using the radio buttons, the selection reverts
back to ANT1. This happens whether in Bypass, Manual, or Auto modes.  I have
verified the antenna setup per band. In my case I want to use ANT2 for 80
meters, and have set this up in the antenna tab. I have even disabled ANT1
for 80 meters, but the utility still won't let me select ANT2 for 80 meters.
The KAT500 also does not automatically switch when RF is applied, even
though the utility will read the correct 3.5 MHz frequency.
      Any ides for what to check?
--Ed--

---

Message delivered to scott.man...@gmail.com