Andy - Without the K3EXREF connected, the REF CAL frequency will be
fixed and the K3 will drift, albeit very slightly, particularly when it
is first switched on.  With K3EXREF locked with your 10MHz standard the
REF CAL frequency will vary to correct any drift in the K3. If you
measure the output frequency of your K3 with an accurate frequency
meter, such as a digital counter locked to a standard, you will find
that your K3 is stable to within +/- a couple of Hertz.

73 de David G4DMP

In a recent message, ANDY NEHAN <andy.ne...@btinternet.com> writes
--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |