Aaron,

The KAT2 needs only 2 watts to TUNE - in fact the firmware limits the power to 2 watts during a TUNE. What was the SWR reported when you tried to tune the end-fed antenna? My guess is that the SWR was high. The most common cause of LO P message is that the K2 PA cannot deliver 2 watts - and that may mean one of 2 things - the PA transistors have been damaged, or the high SWR from the end-fed has damaged the diodes in the KAT2 wattmeter.

Do a couple tests - set the ATU menu to CALP and connect a dummy load (an external wattmeter between the KAT2 and dummy load is helpful). Set the power knob to 5 watts and do a TUNE - how much power is being delivered. If it significantly higher than 5 watts on the external wattmeter and shows little power on the K2 display, then the KAT2 diodes have been damaged.

After that test, you should do a test of the base K2 PA transistors. Remove the KAT2 (physically remove it), and use the ANT jack on the base K2. Set power to 5 watts and do a TUNE. If the power on the K2 display and and the external wattmeter are close to 5 watts, then the K2 PA transistors are OK and you will most likely find the problem in the KAT2 wattmeter diodes.

73,
Don W3FPR