On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:35:04 -0600, "Ron McMurray"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>align part 1, voltage at tp1 no reading , voltage at q1 an q2 ok . have 6.75
>on one side of c18  0 on other side.any suggestions
>ron , kc0tdj

The other side of C18 will require an RF probe to measure a voltage.
Diode D2 acts as an RF Detector allowing the 1.0 to 1.5 volts to be
measured at TP1.

The voltages on Q1 and Q2 indicated that JP-9 is properly connected,
so all you have to do is determine if the local oscillator is actually
working.  A 'scope would serve you well, lacking that, the RF probe
might also provide a clue.

On my XV144, I read 0VDC on the junction of C18 and D2 when using only
a DMM; using the RF Probe, I read 0.66 VDC.  The RF Probe measures
0.11VDC on the junction of C15  and Q2 and 4.0VDC on pin 4 of T1.

Hope this helps.