+1

From my perspective, having AF gain and RF gain on the same control, with a
push that toggles between the two, invariably results in tweaking the wrong one
and then having to troubleshoot the issue after the fact.

I’m fine with being able to lock settings, as I rarely find I need to tweak RF
gain. Others may have different opinions. Personally as I search the bands,
there are generally three knob-related things that I’d like to be able to tweak
in real-time with independent knobs:

- Frequency - I really like that the KX3 has “coarse” and “fine” adjustment
available by default on different knobs (without having to toggle a “FAST”
switch). This is one major “Nice job Elecraft!” usability item that sets the
KX3 apart from every other radio I own.
- AF gain - I guess I use this as sort of a “Manual AGC”, where others use RF
gain.
- NR mix - I pretty much run with NR on all the time unless I am chasing
something ultra weak. The setting of NR mix can mean the difference between
catching and missing weak signals, so I’d like to see this tweakable in real
time.

The #2 thing I love about Elecraft (after my awesome KX3) is the fact that you
can ask questions and the guys that actually design and implement the hardware
respond. #1 & #2 pretty much seal the deal that my next radio purchase(s) will
be Elecraft. Even when I go to my local Ham Radio Outlet and talk to the staff
about radios, one guy there pretty much talks about his K3 over anything else.
Its funny to hear an HRO guy talk about a radio that HRO doesn’t even sell… :-)

Tim Henrion
KC1EOQ
KX3 / PX3 Owner