KX1 #697 and K2 #4398 have seen a bit over a decade in my backpack, suitcase, in the car, on airplanes, two trains, and the KX1 has made a Panama Canal passage. Nothing has fallen off. I currently have a plastic back cover for the KX1 by W8FGU to lighten it a little when I get back into the Spartan sprints after it warms up. If anything fell off, I would see it. :-) I recommend following the Elecraft instructions.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2016