I am using a Flex 6700 into a KPA500 into a KAT500.  I have "trained" the
tuner and placed the tuner into manual mode as per a document from Elecraft.

All works well when I stay on a specific band.  When I initiate a "tune",
the tuner quickly goes to the preset tuning without a problem.

When I go to another band, for example if I am operating on 40 then go to
20, it takes a second for the tuner to read the frequency during which both
the tuner and KPA500 see a high SWR.  The amp then locks out.

I am using the cabling as described on page 10 of the KAT500 manual; but,
instead of Icom transceiver, I am using a Flex transceiver.

While this is not an issue when operating from my shack, when I operate
from a remote location, I am unable to use the amplifier.

Any thoughts on how to correct this issue?

George
K2CM