Brandon,

The PX3 (or P3) give a spectrum analysis of the portion of the band that is included in the Span (up to 200 kHz) as well as a waterfall display. Signals within that band can be identified as SSB, CW, PSK, RTTY and many other modes on the spectrum display. The spectrum display is a 'real time' display of signals currently on the band. The waterfall shows signals over time which shows signals that have been present in the past. That is helpful for identifying weak signals.

With FlDigi (or other soundcard digital displays), you are looking at a portion of the band that is as great as the filter in use in the receiver (usually up to 2.7 to 3kHz wide - the bandwidth of the filters being used in the transceiver). The modes that can be decoded depend on the software application (FlDigi has many). There is no spectrum display, you have only the waterfall. Click on the signal of interest in the waterfall and it will be decoded as long as you have selected the proper digital mode for that signal.

With the K3, when operating soundcard digital modes, you should be set to DATA A rather than SSB (if decoding RTTY, set to AFSK A). Data modes on the K3 (and KX3) automatically set the compression to zero and the TX EQ to flat even though you may have different settings for SSB. If compression or TX IQ is used for digital modes, distortion will result. Yes, you can adjust those settings in SSB mode, but why bother when the K3/KX3 will do that automatically for you by using DATA modes.

73,
Don W3FPR