Phil,

With all due respect, your use case is clearly different from those of us
who are so enthusiastic. I've not had a Windows PC since XP was a new
thing, and I have no interest in going back to Windows. Our house is all
MacBook Pro and various Linux machines, including a growing number of RPi.
So the fact that you are happy with running Windows on a Mac is unrelated
to the fact that I want to dedicate a RPi to the shack duties and have
another in my Go Box so that I can literally grab my KX3 and hit the road
without messing with computer stuff. That way the shack RPi can be
permanently attached to its monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc. And the Go Box
can be configured for a small bluetooth keyboard/mouse device I have.

The RPi has the needed power for this use, and at $35 I can have several
for different locations as needed -- something I am not prepared to do with
MacBooks.

What this thread is showing is that there is a growing number of people who
feel that a RPi is a perfect solution for this use case, and if not that,
then some other Linux machine. We are hoping that Elecraft will open source
the utilities so that folks such as myself can help make this a reality.

Commenting on a thread to say "this doesn't apply to me, so I don't see why
anybody else would care" is a little self centered and leads to an
unfortunate tone which is so common in HAM communities -- it discourages
new hams such as myself from getting involved, or asking questions.

Regards,
- Brendon
KK6AYI