It's not a complete answer, but treat the K3 like it's a computer.  Always
turn it off with its own power button so it can go through its shutdown
procedures and turn itself off after all the data is cleaned up or stored
properly. Only turn on the K3 when the power is up and stable. A PC power
supply has circuitry to assure stability by communicating with the
motherboard.

Turning the K3 on or off from the power supply switch is like turning a PC
on/off by pushing/pulling the power plug at the motherboard.

Also make sure the power supply voltage is not sagging during transmit. One
person I know was going from 12 to 9 volts key down at 100 watts. Problems
with the wire, the connectors and the power supply.

symptoms that make no sense.

Good luck sorting it all out.

73, Guy K2AV

--