I have 3 Acer monitors (one 19" square and two 23" wider screen). The 19" runs directly on 120VAC and the twp 23" ones have small switching mode power supplies that look like laptop supplies and put out 13.8/14 volts. The switcher supplies for these 2 monitors appear to be virtually noise free. At least I have not had any noise problems that I can attribute to them and they have been on the desk for several years now.

My major noise source has always been the 7500 volt power lines that run across the South and West sides of my small city lot. Fortunately the utility company ran afoul of the FCC several years ago and they are very responsive to noise/interference calls.

Jim - W0EB