On Apr 14, 2016, at 9:25 AM, W1KSZ <w1...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Wired accessories ?? In this day ?? I thought that went out with
> VHS Tape Decks.
>
> I much prefer wireless, the minor inconvenience of replacing a battery
> every few months far outweighs having a cable  to deal with.
>
> Perhaps add it to the Product Improvement Program ?

Dick,

The K-Pod uses an optical encoder with a ball-bearing drive to obtain both
smooth, fast tuning and up to 400 counts per turn. The encoder consumes about
30 mA, and the rest of the K-Pod another 10-20 mA. A battery large enough to
handle this for a good length of operating time won't fit inside the pod.

73,
Wayne
N6KR