Hello fellow Elecraftians (or is it Elecraftors?),

I have been on a crusade to introduce new hamsto HF.    We just finished
our "beta" events in Winnipeg, MB and Framingham, MA...

The idea is  teach non-hams/new hams about HF, and let them experience some
QSOs.
We all did it as youngsters at Field Day...

Well, this is pretty darn easy to do -- at a club meeting or convention --
via remote.   No dealing with compromise antennas.

So, this year at Dayton, we will have four HF Stations set up (using
remotes)..  Three are K3/0 Minis, and we we will have one Flex Maestro.

We hope that newbies/non-HF ops/non-licensed folks will stop by and make a
QSO or two.
I have an online reservation system at http://hfradio.rocks.   If you know
someone who would like to give it a go, and they are coming to Dayton, have
them sign up.

We have a bunch of ops lined up to staff the stations, as Elmers.   If you
want to spend an hour or so helping us out, please email me of list to
gerry at w1ve.com.

Where will be be connecting?  Some pretty nice stations!

W7RN
W1KM
VE4EA
VY1AAA
SK3W
K1TTT
K9CT

We will be operating mainly SSB, but will do some RTTY and CW if anyone
asks.

(and yes, we do have a good, wired, internet connection.)

The remote-side gear is being provided by private hams who are part of this
event.
Bob Heil is supplying us with headsets.

Stop by and say hello or offer your help!

73,

Gerry Hull, W1VE/VE1RM