Folks,

Till now I've kept my thoughts to myself regarding some of the
lengthy threads here, discussing other radios/Competition for
Elecraft products. I personally find these threads irritating and
here is why:

This is the only place on the internet where I can find answers to my
questions about the K3 and K3s I own and I don't like seeing it used
as a platform for discussing the pros & Cons of non Elecraft radios.

I can't imagine going to an Icom forum and discussing at length my
and other's opinions about Elecraft or any other manufacturer. The
only reason I would dream of going to any brand specific forum is to
hear information on that manufacturer's radios.

Before I joined this forum close to 10 years ago, I was on the TenTec
reflector, reading daily as I wanted to buy one of the newer radios
with better hearing than my Corsair II. At that time I was
considering the Orion line. I had been disappointed with how that
company at the time, was not handling some of the long term
complaints I was reading on their reflector about a lack of updates
and issues with end of life parts being soon unobtanium. With that
being a real concern to me, I looked to threads on the eHam forums
and read about Elecraft in the discussions and found this reflector.

I used this Elecraft forum as a learning tool before buying my first
K3 and appreciated the dedication of the members and then to my
pleasant surprise to find the owners of the company were frequent,
often daily contributors to the threads. It took me awhile to realize
I wasn't interested in a K1 or K2 but the K3 was going to fit my
needs and it was made in America and I wasn't going to buy from
overseas if what I want was made here. That an option to buy a kit
was included made it a lock for me to buy the K3 kit with most all of
the options available.

But my point being what I said that above; I turned to this forum to
hear about Elecraft products and issues, not to read lengthy
discussions about competitors products. I still consider that is the
purpose of this forum and I am bemused why people tout other
equipment here, it's just bad form. I would consider myself being
rude and a jerk if I went to the Icom forum and started threads about
how wonderful my Elecraft XYZ was.

Just my 2 cents.

73 to all,

Gary