On May 23, 2016, at 8:35 PM, "w4sc" <w...@windstream.net> wrote:

> Managed to snag a KX2 at Dayton and had it on the air late Sunday afternoon.
> Worked a couple of stations on SSB, but mostly listening.
>
> KX2 will be great for back-packing / very portable ops. Don’t expect KX3 with
> ‘roofing filter’ RX performance.
>
> Controls of the KX2 are intuitive and well thought out.  Easy to learn.  Like
> the band change implementation.
>
> Don’t like the main knob, needs a ‘dimple’.  I had issue with knob drag on
> the encoder bearing/panel mount sleeve.  Corrected by removing knob and
> carefully re-installing and leaving required knob to mounting sleeve
> clearance to stop drag.

I would avoid using a dimple, as this would tempt the operator to apply more
radial force to the knob, hastening encoder wear. Instead, try running your
finger lightly along the edge of the knob as you rotate it. This works
surprisingly well for fast QSYs. (Also make use of coarse tuning with the OFS
control when VFO A is set for fine tuning.)

73,
Wayne
N6KR