It's their business, lock, stock and barrel. They could call their models
Grumpy, Snotty and Snort if they wanted to. Ain't no laws and nuthin in the
bible about it, except maybe can't name something with a cuss word or
something on the FCC banned word list. No IEEE standards. Just so long as
the copyright on the names ain't owned by someone else.

I'm just glad they came out with a technology leap beyond FT1000MP et al. I
sure have enjoyed the improvements. And they pushed Yakencom so hard they
all had to deal with it to compete so aficionados of other brands are
finally reaping the benefits of Elecraft progress.

I'm at least a bit of a curmudgeon, maybe more than a bit, and they treat
me nice anyway. So why should I complain about what combination they pull
out of the letter/number soup to name their babies?

SXG4 R2.3 Q

Twiddy 5

3 Slock 75

Names could be a LOT worse than KAT500.

Me thinks some people will complain no matter what Elecraft does. They hate
Elecraft so bad they can't stay off the Elecraft reflector.

73 Guy K2AV