Thank you for your well thought out response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Dave Cole
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:55 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] {P3] resale value

On Wed, 2016-05-25 at 10:17 -0400, Jerry Moore wrote:
> Is it realistic for used P3s to sell for 80% of retail value when they
> don't have a warranty, you don't know if they've been tinkered with,
> you don't know if they are 100%, and the possibility of not getting a
> cable or part that comes with it when you purchase NIB?

Yes it is.  I would have bought used as well, but the cost of a used item was
so close to a new item, I decided to go new.

The resale value of Elecraft equipment is about 10 to 15 percent higher than
most other rigs...  Which if you look at it from your point of view, buying
used you will loose very little money if you decided to sell.

Careful purchasing will net you a vary nice rig for less than new cost.

It's your call if you want to take what inherent risks there are, in used
purchases.  I can say that I would trust the Elecraft crowd here a lot further
than any other group though...  All seem to be a decent sort, and all seem to
be straight shooters.
--
73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)