My K3 is used strictly CW and I have the “Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional
Studio Monitor Headphones”. Very comfortable, Amazon has them for $55.34.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Miller K6CTW
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 6:31 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Headset

All - Just my 2 cents worth as an almost 100% CW guy.  I have been using the
Radiosport Headsets from Arlan Communications for a while.

I have their model RS20S with the gel earpads and cloth covers for my K2
(serial #455) as it is my QRP contesting rig and these phones are SUPERB!  Has
great isolation so I don't hear anything but what is coming thru the phones
(which would be good for field day). The gel pads and cloth covers make them
very comfortable for long sessions while contesting.  Additionally, they are
stereo so they would work perfectly with a K3/K3s where you could put one
receiver's output in each ear for chasing DX when running split.

I also have their model RS20CR, which is monaural and 600 ohms. This is for use
with my vintage gear (Drake C-Line, R-4A and 2-B and Collins 75A-1).  Also a
outstanding performer, particularly when listening to the SW broadcast.

I have not used their headset with microphone combination but if it works as
well as these listen-only units it should be just terrific!

Just my thoughts and hope this helps!  Their website is here:

http://www.arlancommunications.com/

73 - Ken Miller, K6CTW

(Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in Arlan Communications just a very
happy user)

Message delivered to w...@verizon.net