Hi OMs and YLs,
    I find this discussion of interest and the positive points about the
CrankIR seem correct in all respects.   I use an AlexLoop for travels as it
is small you can install it on a hotel balcony, park bench in front of a
hotel window, inside a timber frame, concrete block or stone house and the
AlexLoop will work.   The antenna is only one meter in diameter.   As I use
a KX3 with this antenna the power limit is not a problem.  As I operate with
the antenna adjacent or very close by, the adjustment for frequency change
is no hardship - it takes but a few seconds.   So changing bands with the
AlexLoop is faster.

     No antenna tuner is needed with the AlexLoop and if you have one it
should be disabled.

     I am certain the CrankIR is a more efficient antenna but it is not as
compact and can not be used indoors.  Just about anywhere I go the AlexLoop
can be used without upsetting people or embarrassment.  I have worked across
the Atlantic multiple times with the AlexLoop indoors and have done this
from both sides of the ocean.

      So there are tradeoffs and thankfully we have choices.   The CrankIR
will outperform the AlexLoop every time but you can easily use the AlexLoop
and it does work.

                 73 Doug EI2CN