On Mon,5/30/2016 5:36 PM, Ron Castro wrote:
  Is there some reason why I should do this differently?

Yes. When you turn the K3 off with its power switch, it writes current conditions to its RAM. When you turn it back on, it loads those settings. When you drop power to the K3, that write doesn't happen, so it comes up with whatever was last saved.

There are folks at Elecraft who are VERY familiar with the ins and outs of remote operation in general and control of the K3 in particular. Whatever issues you're running in to, they've seen it before and can suggest good options. I heard one of them give a dynamite talk to the Saturday morning tech gathering of the Santa Cruz club a few months ago. Your best bet is to pick their brains on this issue.

73, Jim K9YC