Hi Tom:

There is a menu setting for the ATU which lets you put it in BYPass.

The AlexLoop is tuned manually.   It’s pretty easy:  with your KX3 set to the
operating band of choice, simply tune the tuning knob on the antenna until you
hear a peak in background noise.  It’s very pronounced, so you won’t miss it.
That gets you in the ballpark.  Then, put the KX3 into tune mode (I use one
watt) and then touch up the AlexLoop’s tuning, while keeping an eye on the
KX3’s SWR display.  Dip the tuning for minimum SWR, and you’re done.

If you have to QSY more than a few KHz, you’ll need to touch up the antenna’s
tuning.  The AlexLoop is a great portable antenna, especially for rigs that do
not have an in-built ATU.   With the AlexLoop, the loop =is= the tuner.

73 de Ray
K2ULR
KX3 #211