I'm having a hard time getting my KX2 connected to the KX2 Utility. The KXUSB
cable drivers are installed correctly and functioning. I have tried setting the
COM port and KX2 baud rates to various values. Have tried different USB ports,
two different computers, radio plugged in to external power/battery, etc.
With the KXUSB plugged in to the computer and not the radio, I can push the
Test Communication button and the KXUSB cable will flash red in sequence with
the software trying different baud rates. When I plug the KXUSB in to the
computer AND radio, I push Test Communication and the software halts on the
"Attempting to contact KX2 on port COM2 at 38400 bit/s", and the red AND green
light on the cable flash 10 times and then stop. This happens regardless if the
KX2 is on or off. I've tried looking up what the status lights on the cable
indicate, but haven't found anything.
Now the quirky thing is I was having this problem a few nights ago and finally
just gave up. Next day I tried again with all the same settings and whatnot and
magically it worked fine, and I was able to change the banner message, etc. but
now again tonight I left everything the same and it's not working at all.
The only thing I haven't done is try a different KXUSB cable, but before I
order one I figured I'd ask the collective and see if anyone had any insight.
Thanks for your time!
Luke AD0KI