The parent co. is now of the Loctite products group, who make thread locking
compounds to paint on nuts and bolts.

(Permatex whom I thought of makes the gasket compound, or 'goop'.  Both
products, Loctite and the gasket stuff are a kind of 'goop', thus the
confusion.

Multicore Solders, formerly Ersin Co., now sold by Loctite.   Google
<Multicore Solders> is how I found them awhile back.

Stuart
K5KVH
The reason prices on solders are up, is now Lead (PUB) is considered a
"hazardous substance".  You have to pay someone to recycle it.   And, the
tin industry in Malaysia collapsed a few years ago when cheap tin became
available from Brazil.  Now, lead (Pb) free solders will demand more use of
tin solders, which may up the price of tin.  The combination plus the costs
of certifying solders to be Lead free, contribute to price changing.  Kinks
in the supply chain drives prices up, sometimes for unreasonable short term
upheavals.

Stuart
K5KVH