On Tue,6/7/2016 8:58 AM, Phil Wheeler wrote:
I have the headsets. It's the adapter I've lost, so if you could aim me at the one you suggested at Amazon I'd be much obliged!

As far as I know, the only headset/mics that need an adapter would be those that have a single Tip-Ring-Ring-Sleeve (TRRS) plug. The Star-Tech MUYHSFMM adapter looks like the right part. A search for that part on amazon will find it.

In the KX2 and KX3, the mic jack is TRRS, but the two rings are used for logic switching with an Elecraft mic (PTT, up/down). With any other mic (including one using this adapter), we need to go into the Menu and set MIC BTN to "Off" and set the radio to use VOX (or use the XMIT button).

73, Jim K9YC