On 6/7/2016 1:59 PM, Bob N3MNT wrote:
The program  is N3FJP.

I use Scott's Amateur Contact Log (ACL) <http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html> for general logging, and like it a lot. It talked to my KX3 and it talks to my K3s.

I bought Scott's entire suite of software licenses, and used a couple of contest programs, but did not like having to download and install a separate program for each contest each year. Now I use N1MM+ for all contests.

I like the screen layout of ACL better than other logging programs I tried briefly. The current-QSO portion of the screen can be customized in field colors, font size, and even field placement. The log portion can be customized as well; I like to see many fields, so I run into screen width problems. Maybe I need a 27" monitor. :-)

ACL has some annoying (for me) quirks that I've asked Scott to fix, but he's been busy rewriting most of his software for the latest DotNet platform, and the quirks remain.

One annoyance is, when editing a log entry (not the current QSO), a separate dialog opens, and pressing ESC to cancel does not work -- you have to click the CANCEL button on the dialog. I'd rather just hit a key.

ACL has a "net" feature, where, as NCS, you can quickly log stations checked into a net. After they're entered in the "net" dialog, one button cvlick saves them all to the main log.

One nice feature is that you can create a comment such as "XYZ Net" that is automatically added to each station's entry.

But this comment is appended in the comment field to the station owner's name and address from a callbook lookup. Appending the comment shoves it way off to the right where is isn't visible in the general log.

Worse, if you decide to manually delete the auto-filled name and address, you can't do it by selecting all the text, and hitting DELETE. Only the _visible_ text is selected and deleted; you have to do this three or four times to clear the field.

There are a few other annoyances, but all-in-all, I'm pleased with ACL.

--
73, Mike N4CF
Louisa County, VA USA