Shame.  One day perhaps, but not any-time soon, in the UK at least..

73.

Dave G0WBX.

On 19/06/16 20:20, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 24
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 11:30:39 -0700
From:"kev...@coho.net"  <kev...@coho.net>
To:elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Announcement

Propagation has been poor to OK this week with noise levels dropping.
Signal strength is slightly better than it was last week but mostly the
lower noise has helped comms.

I just read an interesting article in an unexpected place:

<http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/06/when-everything-else-fails-amateur-radio-will-still-be-there-and-thriving/>

I had not heard about the European HAMNET before.  16 million IP
addresses available and it will still work when the Internet backbone is
down.