Probably I'll kick myself for asking a dumb question, but here goes.

Receiving on a dummy load, I am getting a pattern of lines on the PX3 screen with my KX3. There are 5 strong lines and 2 week lines symmetrically on either side of the green bar (tuned frequency). When I tune the KX3, they move with the green bar. They move down by about 8 KHz when I switch RX SHFT to 8.0 from NOR. The closest lines to the tuned frequency are about 12 KHz above and below it. The other lines are not evenly spaced, but are spaced about 3-6 KHz apart. Turning RX ISO on has no effect.

When I attach an antenna, I get normal results from signals on the band. The signals are not distributed symmetrically they way they would be if the I/Q cable was not inserted all the way on the PX3 and KX3. (And I pushed really hard too.)

Any ideas of what is going on? Any way to "cure" it?

Thanks in advance.

73 Bill AE6JV