Perhaps rightly so, all this is focusing on RFI getting into the radio via the antenna.

Nothing has been mentioned on what had been standard practice years ago.

That is installing a good RFI filter on the mains right at the station.
These filter can knock things down 40 dB in both directions.

73 de Brian/K3KO