Check to see if QRQ mode is set. It locks out the shift function. If there is a
little plus sign on the right side of the display in CW mode then that's it.
To turn it off, go to the CONFIG menu, CW WEIGHT and tap one of the number
keys. I don't recall which, but you can find it in the manual.

Vic 4X6GP