For casual CW, the K2 sounds and performs. Sometimes I daydream about a
K2s upgrade kit. Finer tuning,  encoder controls, Band memories, all those
aftermarket mic, level out,  an 1/8 phone jack, modern internal battery. Oh
and easily adjustable DSP filtering.

A K3 is out of my range, well maybe a well used one someday.

For QRP contesting, and scanning the bands for signals, nothing beats the
KX3, Win4K3 and a good sound card for the Pan adapter. During CWT the
signals were tight, but hardly a click with the filter tightened. A great
value.

Building most of the accessories for my K2/10 and almost all worked
immediately!  I am still pleased to share it in my station report during
rag chews.

Anyway, Thanks Eleccraft team the fine rigs.

Robin
KA5QQA

K1. sold to buy a K2
KX1 sold to buy a k2