Hi All,

I stumbled my way through the rest of the XV432 transverter alignment and everything appears to be fine. Just trying to do the transverter band setup from page 21 in the KX3 manual.

"XVn RF sets the operating frequency". I assume this means the transverter's operating frequency? Is it just a number for display like 432 or something? What's a legitimate number to enter when I'm setting up an XV432? No information in the manual. I tried going to look at the transverter setup for my KX3-2M option but it doesn't display any more??

"XVn PWR sets maximum power output in watts". The XV432's maximum output is 20 watts. How come the setting only goes as high as 8 watts and then rolls over back to 0.5 watts?

"XVn OFS can compensate for frequency offset". We read my local oscillator's output to be 4 Hz high and left it at that. Is this where I compensate for that, if it's even needed? If so, the manual doesn't say how to do it. It only says you don't need to do it for the KX3-2M/4M module. That doesn't help me.

"XVn ADR". It doesn't sound like I really need to do this if I have just the one XV transverter. The Key Line at ACC2 keys the transverter just fine as-is. My next transverter will most likely be for 1296, which unfortunately means it won't be an Elecraft. In that case I guess I can still set it up as a band in my KX3 but I'll have to manually disconnect my XV432 and then connect up the 1296 transverter. Well, or use a good antenna switch or relay.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

73,

Ken Alexander
VE3HLS