On Tue, 28 Jun 2016, w7aqk wrote:

On my KX3, I seem to be getting a very loud noise anytime I move the encoder on 6 meters. I don't notice that at all on any other bands.

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/KX3%20Tuning%20Noise%20Mod%20rev%20B3.pdf
(Linked from: http://www.elecraft.com/KX3/kx3_app_notes.htm)

I have an earlier set of boards. Even with the mods, I still had a little noise in places. Not all of the upper bands, but some of them. Setting RX SHIFT=8.0 on the 1-2 bands still affected cleared it up. There's rarely a need for the hardware filters up there, and it's easy enough to flip 'em back on when needed.

Wayne,

Any chance of disabling the lock protocol when RX SHIFT is assigned to a programmable function key? There are times when I'd really like to be able to toggle it on and off with the push of a button.

-kb7psg