On 6/29/2016 9:41 AM, paul ecker via Elecraft wrote:
Joe- you said
"*UNCHECK* "Sound card PTT"""Sound card PTT" relies on the internal flag (which
is bought out
to a status pin on the CODEC chip) that indicates whether the end-
point is open or closed in order to generate PTT.  *DISABLE* Sound
card PTT by unchecking the box in microHAM Router (PTT Tab).">> OK, Sound card PTT now unchecked>> So that solved the K3
immediately having the Tx light coming on at Program >>start and I am now Rx'ing just fine. But the only way I get the FSQCALL
>>program to Tx is to use Vox on the K3. At Program start, the PTT/CAT settings >>window comes up every time. If I choose PTT
or CAT, it says comport already in >>use. So I cancel the settings window and use Vox. It works but not sure it is >>ideal.
>>73 Paul>>kc2nyu

Please use <return> or <enter> between lines ... your use of HTML makes
your postings nearly unreadable.

OK, Sound card PTT now unchecked So that solved the K3
immediately having the Tx light coming on at Program start and I
am now Rx'ing just fine. But the only way I get the FSQCALL
program to Tx is to use Vox on the K3.

Yes, that will work.

At Program start, the PTT/CAT settings window comes up every time.

That appears to be the nature of the software.  For some reason it
requires electing the PTT/CAT settings each time the program starts
rather than settings in the ini file.

If I choose PTT or CAT, it says comport already in use. So I cancel
the settings window and use Vox. It works but not sure it is
ideal.

You will need to make sure no other program is currently using the
CAT Port.  Windows does not allow sharing of ports.  Any program using
a port must close (release) the port before another program can open
(begin using it).

These issues are not functions of the microHAM hardware or software -
they are limitations of the application software and user understanding
of Windows.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV