Reuben,
        If you do not need Tx - why not just go for a high end SDR Rx. Lots of
really good products out there at the moment - and being SDR easy to upgrade
with software etc. You will need to budget for a decent computer and maybe an
external sound card - but also an option to consider IMHO.

        You are not really going to get an un-biased opinion asking a question
like that hereā€¦ nor would you on the Icom forums

        regards

                Tim A45WG