I have been reading the many comments and questions relating to the virtues and
(in)capabilities of the various rigs now available.  In my shack I have the
complete K-line including the KAT500 tuner and SP3 speaker.  All great
equipment, but since receiving my KX2, it is my “go to” radio!  It is the first
rig I turn on, and the fun and exhilaration of making contacts with a radio
having so much capability in such an astonishingly small package renews the
excitement I had when I first started hamming 56 years ago. The receiver is
very quiet and sensitive, and with the DSP filtering, I don’t think I am
missing anything. I can unplug a few connections and put the entire package in
the small case and take off.  Not saying that I will be giving up my beautiful
K-line anytime soon, but for me, this little gem is a winner!  I am not an
Elecraft employee, nor have I received any dispensation for this note, but
thank you to Elecraft engineers for creating yet another element of versatility
to a great hobby. Len/K6LEN