I received my new K-Pod yesterday, and I connected it this morning. But the tuning function doesn't work. Can someone suggest what I am doing wrong?

I'm using it with a K3, S/N 8019 with software version 5.38. I am powering it from the 12V connector on the back of the K3, since I have not done the mod to power it from the data cable. The data cable is connected too of course. The "on" light turns on as well as the D1-D3 LEDs as I switch the rocker switch to different positions. But the VFOA, VFOB and RIT do not change as I turn the knob on the K-Pod.

I thought there might be a menu entry to enable it, but I don't see anything like that. Even though it looks like it's powering on OK, do I have to do the mod anyway? Any other suggestions?

73, Rick K0XB